21 November 2012

Little things

Hello lovelies! 

How is it not Friday yet? Has somebody stolen Friday? Seriously- with the amount of work I've done already this week there's no way it isn't Friday by now! 

I've been getting myself through a rather stressful week with a few little treats (and one big treat- whoops!), and I feel so lucky to have the disposable income to cheer myself up with something frivolous and material every now and again. I'd like to think I'm not completely materialistic (some of it is edible- you need calories to live, right?) - and I basically just gave a lot of money to charity* which must cancel out my object-lust a bit...

I had to work much later than normal today, so I decided to nip out at what should have been home time and buy myself a little Christmas-flavoured goodness (with added caffeine) to get me through the last few hours of the day... 



On my way home I popped into Tesco to pick up the ingredients for dinner, and spotted these little guys reduced to a bargainous 25p! 6.25p for a pastry-covered piece of festive cheer can't be a bad thing!


puff pastry mince pies om nom nom

I came home to find a very well-swaddled package waiting for me (unwrapping it was like playing pass-the-parcel, on my own, for about 5 minutes...) which turned out to be the plastic animals I won on ebay on Monday (I love "winning" things on ebay- it's the same word for coming first in a marathon, yet all I've achieved is typing "0.99" into a box). The very lovely lady had also popped in a few extra animals she found after the listing was finished. 

I've got a craft project in mind for these, so expect some "before" and "after" photos to pop up on here soon :)



And, finally, I bought a display cabinet for our dining room from our local charity furniture shop. This is the same place I bought my dresser from, which is now sitting pretty in the dining room painted bright blue :) 



I've also got big plans for this cabinet- I'm hoping to attack it this weekend, if I can get a few other craft projects out of the way first. In the meantime, I'm lusting after pictures of beautifully organised cabinets on Pinterest... 

How's your week going?

Katie xxx

* Ok; they did give me a cabinet in return.... *ahem*

8 comments:

  1. Ha ha - I was 'watching' those animals/dinosaurs on eBay!!! Glad they went to a good home. If they'd come my way they might have ended up in a slightly strange scene in a diy snow globe. It was going to be my secret Santa gift but had a last minute idea of something else! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny! :) The snow globe idea sounds brilliant- if I've got any left over I may have to give that a go (as a Secret Santa for me- so not so secret really!) Hoping to finish by early Dec :) x

      Delete
  2. Oooh cabinet!!!! I'd like one of those too! Care to donate it to this charity? ;-)
    Can't wait to see what you do with those animals! I have a large collection of wind-up animals which I adore! You made me think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cabinet!! I can't wait to see what you do with it. Also very intrigued to see what the animals are for! :)
    http://shopaholiconashoestring.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cabinet and looking forward to see how you do it up! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad news guys- the cabinet was too big and wouldn't fit through the dining room door :( Silly me didn't measure the height; only the width. So we now have chipped hallway wall paint, slightly less money, and no beautiful cabinet. But I'm on the hunt for a mini-me version, so I'll hopefully be able to do a cabinet upcycle soon. Booo. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a shame that cabinet didn't fit, it's a lovely piece! I don't know anyone who hasn't made the same mistake with a charity shop bargain though, we let our hearts rule our heads all the time! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cabinet is gorgeous! I know what you mean about the beautifully organized cabinets on pinterest... I want one for that reason.

    ReplyDelete