16 November 2014

Christmas Gift Guide No. 1

Given that the Christmas season involves hot wine and novelty jumpers, it may surprise newer readers to find out that my favourite part of the festivities is actually Christmas gift guides. Just when you thought you knew me, eh? 

I've therefore decided (all of three seconds ago) to publish a series of gift guides this year, as my way of giving back to the internet for all the guides I've previously drooled over like a collage-loving Doberman*. Due to my ad-hoc approach to blogging, I can't confirm how many posts there'll be in said series, but I can promise there'll be at least one (spoiler: it's this one). 

I particularly like gift guides that are themed around price, recipient, or colour, because compartmentalising things makes me happy. So I've themed Gift Guide No. 1 as "People like me", to help you buy presents for anyone you know who loves dinosaurs, millionaire shortbread, and stuff covered in maps**. You're welcome.


1. Is your Mum ashamed of her boring, regular doormat? Help her save face with future guests by buying her this one as a replacement.
2. Do you wish your girlfriend's lips taste like ice-cream 24/7, instead of the meagre 20 hours a day when she's actually eating ice-cream? This lip balm has answered your wish
3. If you can't afford a trip to the Arctic with your fiancĂ©e, this necklace is basically the same thing.
4. The festive colours in this tartan dress make it a great outfit for Christmas Day; and it's the perfect shape to hide a Christmas dinner food baby.
5. This plate has all the romance of a dinner under the stars, without the numb fingers. 
6. Give your sweetheart something even sweeter, such as this jarful of peanut and salted caramel chocolate from my her favourite chocolatiers. 
7. Do your sister's legs look like rabbits? No?! Sort it out with these tights, stat!
8. Buy her this brooch. That is all.
9. While this globe is pretty expensive, one really can't put a price on education, and your niece might be secretly unsure about which countries are actually in Europe...
10. These towels will make your daughter feel like she's being dried off with fluffy sunshine.  
11. If your aunt is too lazy for proper baking, this mug is perfect for making mug cakes. Buy two, and maybe she'll bake one for you too. 
12. Part humbug sweet, part Beetlejuice, this clutch bag is all class.  

Seen any good gift guides recently?***

Katie xxx

*I probably didn't need to specify collage-loving. I mean, has anyone ever met a Doberman who DIDN'T love collages? They're definitely the best scrapbookers of the canine world.

**If you don't know anyone else who'd appreciate these things, but still want to buy them, feel free to tweet me for my address...

*** Apart from this one, obviously.

18 comments:

  1. Ha!!!! I love this!!!! Is this a thinly-veiled hint to your friends and family?? If so,I like your thinking!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love this too - and that dino-brooch is fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just? Designosaur make the best jewellery in the world! xxx

      Delete
  3. Brilliant! Unfortunately my sisters legs actually DO look rabbits.
    I love the bit about a Christmas dinner baby. I hope you're sending a link to all your loved ones! Lucky Tom. He won't need to rack his brain at all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee - your poor bunny-legged sister :p
      What can I say? I like to help people! Haha xxx

      Delete
  4. Haha I love this! And want pretty much everything on it. Will just have to forward this to my husband for potential present purchases! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flower- and thank you for commenting :) Glad to have made your Christmas wish list to Santa/your husband a little bit easier! xxx

      Delete
  5. That globe is gorgeous! Might get it for my son, so we can keep track of his travels over the years:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a brilliant idea! You could use string to track his journey from one country to the next too :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Loving the polar bear necklace and the globe too (although mine wouldn't have very many pins in it). Tom should be able to get all those sorted for you pronto really, I mean he can buy it all online and doesn't even need to leave his bed! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely; making the list was an incredibly selfless move on my part :p xxx

      Delete
  7. Agree that the globe is a great idea. Also like that doormat! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Laura! They're rather lovely, aren't they? :) xxx

      Delete
  8. Bloody brilliant, I'be sent this to the husband with strict instructions not to adhere to the spending limit we've imposed this year. In return he wants a Karcher window cleaning device. Aaah marriage.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have one of my top 5 marriages. I hope the spending limit has now been well and truly scrapped xxx

      Delete
  9. As I suspected from the title and brief description of this guide, I want it all :) especially the doormat, star plate and globe. I wouldn't have many pins to put in either but I reckon it might encourage me to travel more... Great list! X

    ReplyDelete